CARE Services is available to UC Berkeley faculty, staff, visiting scholars, post-doctoral appointees, and their partners/spouses and family dependents. CARE Services is also available to Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory employees, and their families and dependents. Our services are completely voluntary. There is no charge or fee.
Services for Individuals
- Problem Assessment: We offer a safe environment in which to discuss your confidential concerns. CARE staff provides one to three sessions in which to clarify your problems, set priorities, and determine appropriate campus and community resources, when needed. We offer our perspective on what is going on and what plan of action is needed to address the problems.
- Referral: CARE Services has an extensive and well researched directory of community resources to draw from in making referrals. In addition, we have identified and liaison with qualified mental health and chemical dependency resources within the health plans available to faculty and staff. We can assist you in finding providers who can meet your time availability, diversity and other special needs.
Coworkers or colleagues who are concerned about someone they work with can also call to discuss how they may assist that person in getting the help they may need. Many people come to CARE at the suggestion of a coworker.
Crisis Intervention: We respond to individuals and work groups experiencing critical incidents or problems e.g., a death at work or threat of violence.
To make an appointment to see a CARE counselor, contact us at (510) 643-7754.
Services Available to Faculty and Staff Management
- Consultation - by phone or in person
- Critical incident response following crisis events
- Workplace threat of violence assessment and management - in coordination with UCPD and UCB Behavioral Risk Assessment Team (BRAT)
- Onsite small work group facilitation
- Workshops and trainings customized to department needs
- Educational materials, including CARE Services website
- Policy, program and behavioral health benefits consultation
For more information, call CARE at (510) 643-7754