Take a 5-minute break away from your workstation every 1/2 hour!
- Get up from your workstation and move around
- Rotate your job tasks to avoid constant repetitive work
- Try a few stretches*
|Stretches for your...
- Pain is not gain! Stretch until you feel a mild tension that relaxes as you hold the stretch. If a stretch hurts, ease up on the amount of stretch. Stop doing the stretch if you can not do it without pain.
- Don't bounce! Hold each stretch 5 to 30 seconds.
- Breathe slowly and deeply while you stretch.
*Consult your health care provider before beginning a stretching program if you have had any recent surgery, muscle or joint problems.