Did you know that taking frequent, short rest breaks throughout the day can help you reduce tension and discomfort, restore energy, and even boost productivity?
Take a 5-minute break away from your computer every 1/2 hour!
- Get up from your computer and move around
- Rotate your job tasks to avoid constant computer work
- Try a few stretches. The instructions below describe different stretching exercises.*
|Stretches for your...
Remember these basics while stretching:
- Pain is not gain! Stretch until you feel a mild tension that relaxes as you hold the stretch. If a stretch hurts, ease up on the amount of stretch. Stop doing the stretch if you can not do it without pain.
- Don't bounce! Hold each stretch 5 to 30 seconds.
- Breathe slowly and deeply while you stretch.
*Consult your health care provider before beginning a stretching program if you have had any recent surgery, muscle or joint problems.