Cook Well Berkeley
Nutrition to Kitchen Series
Will return in Fall 2013!
*For recipes from past workshops, reference the "Recipes & Resources" section below
|Recipes & Resources
Seasonal Veggies Made Easy
- Spring 2013 (pdf) -- Ratatouille Skewers, Sauteed Spinach with Walnuts & Golden Raisins, Quick Pickled Spring Vegetables, Shaved Asparagus with Parmesan Dressing
- Fall 2012 (pdf) -- Sesame Shitake Bok Choy, Mashed Cauliflower with Leeks, Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup, Massaged Kale with Cranberries & Pecans
- Spring 2011 (pdf) -- Sauteed Bok Choy with Mushrooms, Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Melted Leeks, Asian Snap Pea & Turnip Slaw, Kale Chips, Grilled Beets with Asparagus
- Fall 2011 (pdf) -- Roasted Autumn Harvest Vegetables, Sauteed Rainbow Chard, Cumin Lime Slaw, Grilled Zucchini & Peppers
Strategies for Eating "Carb-Smart"
- Spring 2013 Recipes (pdf) -- Make Ahead Steel-Cut Oats, Parmesan-Thyme Popcorn, Buckwheat Tabouli with Chickpeas, Balsamic Berries with Yogurt & Mint
"Flexitarian" Plant-Based Meals
- Fall 2012 Recipes (pdf) -- Lentil Burgers, Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, Tempeh Tacos with Avocado, Protein Packed Granola
- Fall 2011 Recipes (pdf) -- Black Bean & Vegetable Enchiladas, Winter Squash & Coconut Soup, Farmers' Market Pasta Salad
- Spring 2011 Recipes (pdf) -- Classic Bulgur Tabouli, Broiled Herb & Parmesan Polenta Slices, Sweet & Savory Popped Corn, Quinoa Citrus Salad
Brown Baggin' It
- Spring 2011 Recipes (pdf) -- Mediterranean Penne Pasta Salad, Bulgur & Sweet Potato Pilaf, White Bean Hummus, Salmon Wrap
|Resources for Eating Locally
- Berkeley Student Food Collective
A student run co-op dedicated to providing fresh, healthy,
environmentally sustainable, and ethically produced food at
- STeam (The Sustainability Team)
The Sustainability Team creates and implements a variety of
projects that help establish sustainable practices and promote
environmental awareness on campus.
- The Local
A UCB cooperative organic vegetable/fruit stand on campus every
Monday from 8:30am-2:30pm in front of the Student Store.
- Naked Bear Magazine
Founded in 2010 to educate and inform the campus community about
food sustainability issues and practices.
Ecology Center Farmers' Markets
For more information visit the Ecology Center homepage.
- Saturdays 10am- 3pm
Center Street at Martin Luther King Way
- Tuesdays 2pm- 7pm
Derby Street at Martin Luther King Way
- Thursdays (All Organic) 3pm-7pm
Shattuck Avenue at Rose Street
Farmers' Markets throughout the East Bay
Go to Pacific Coast
Farmers' Market Association, use the drop down menu "Farmers'
Markets" to find:
- markets by day
- markets by county
Please share your ideas and feedback on all things cooking well!
We want to hear from you about your favorite:
- healthy recipes and recipe websites. Your favorite 30-min meals
to prepare when you get home from work
- healthy breakfast or lunch to eat at work
- meal planning tips
- ways to reduce food waste
Email Jaclyn Armstrong, MPH, RD:
Also be sure to check out other Health*Matters nutrition-focused programs and services
Back to Healthy Campus Environment page >
Back to Health*Matters home page >