News Alert: Tang Center Health Net Program to Close December 31, 2014.
Click here for more details.
Also see: OHR Benefits for comprehensive information on the health plans.
University Health Services (UHS) at the University of California at Berkeley serves as the health care provider to faculty and staff who are Health Net member and have selected a Personal Care Physician(PCP) at the Tang Center. Many members of the UC community have taken advantage of this convenience. We are looking forward to serving more of you.What Services Are Available?
- Primary Care: University Health Services provides general medical care to faculty and staff who select a University Health Services Health Net physician as their primary care provider.
- Emergency Services: There is always 24-hour medical coverage available for emergencies, including during University holidays and inter-sessions. If you need to go to the hospital for Emergency Room services, please remember that Health Net requires a copayment and preauthorization by your Personal Care Physician, if possible.
- Medical Specialists: University Health Services physicians will refer you to Health Net medical specialists in the community when medically appropriate. University Health Services staff will be available to assist you in making these appointmentsand forwarding the necessary paperwork.
- Hospitalization: If you need to be hospitalized, in most cases you will be cared for at Alta Bates Medical Center by a physician affiliated with Alta Bates. Care will be closely coordinated with your UHS primary care provider
- Prescriptions: When you sign up with Health Net, you will receive a list of convenient pharmacies affiliated with Health Net. Current members can call Health Net Member Services at 800-638-3889 to receive this list. Mail order prescription services are also an option.
Medical appointments are available at University Health Services Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There is always 24-hour medical coverage available for emergencies, including during University holidays and inter-sessions.
Services are provided at University Health Services, which is located in the Tang Center, 2222 Bancroft Way. Each time you visit UHS as a Health Net patient, simply check in with the Health Net Clinic Assistant in Clinic 4 on the second flor of the Tang Center.
Call (510) 642-1976 to schedule your appointmentsor see our Clinic Assistant in Clinic 4 (2nd floor-Tang Center). Please bring your Health Net card with you each time you visit University Health Services. Copayments are due on the date of service.
Select a Personal Care Physician from those members listed below. These Health Net clinicians (physicians and nurse practitioners) work together as a team. After you have selected a Personal Care Physician, you may schedule medical visits with any member of the team. Please call (510) 642-1976.
If you are a new employee check with your department's Benefits Coordinator about selecting Health Net (as available). If you are a continuing employee, UC Open Enrollment is during the month of November every year. Please contact your Department Benefits Counselor for more information or call the Benefits Unit of the Personnel Office at (510) 642-7053.
All medical information at University Health Services is kept in the strictest confidence. We will only release your records with your signed authorization. Please note: Medical Records must be shared with Health Net to facilitate claim processing -- these are always confidential transactions.
For more information please call our clinic assistants at (510) 642-1976.
Lynne Alper, M.D. Dr. Alper received her medical degree from the University of Southern California and completed her residency at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. She is Board certified in Internal Medicine.
Health Net Enrollment ID: 0215158153
Anna Harte M.D. Dr Harte received her medical degree from Yale University School of Medicine and completed her residency at UCSF in Primary Care Internal Medicine. She is Board certified in Internal Medicine with special interest in tuberculosis and other infectious diseases.
Health Net Enrollment ID: 0215091912
Elizabeth Hedelman, M.D. Dr. Hedelman has been working at University Health Services since 1995. She received her medical degree from the University of Kansas in 1992 and completed her training at UC Davis. She became Board Certified in Family Practice in 1995 and has a special interest in women's health and preventive medicine.
Health Net Enrollment ID: 0215085526
Annie Hope, M.D. After graduating from Harvard University, she completed Medical School at UCLA (Alpha Omega) and residency at the Moses Cone Hospital system, University of North Carolina. She is Board certified in Family Medicine.
Health Net Enrollment ID: 0215184878
Maile Matier, N.P. Ms. Matier completed her Nurse Practitioner training at Sonoma State University in 1986. She is board certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Association. She joined the University Health Services in 1998 and currently works in both the Primary and Urgent Care clinics as well as the Allergy/Travel clinic.
Debra Nelson, M.D. Dr. Nelson brings years of experience in ambulatory care to the University Health Services' medical team. She received her medical degree from UCLA in 1981 and completed her training in the UCLA/San Fernando Valley program. A University Health Services physician since 1989, Dr. Nelson is Board Certified in Internal Medicine.
Health Net Enrollment ID: 0215036581
Jeffrey Nelson, M.D. After receiving his medical degree from Dartmouth Medical School in 1990, Dr. Nelson traveled to Oak Harbor, Washington where he served as a Naval Flight Surgeon until 1995. Dr. Nelson then completed his medical education at UC Davis where he was first a family practice resident and then a fellow in Sports Medicine. He is Board Certified in Family Practice and has a Certificate of Added Qualification for Sports Medicine. Jeff has a special interest in Adolescent Medicine.
Health Net Enrollment ID: 0215076246
Health Net requires that you designate a physician as your primary care provider. Note provider # on your enrollment forms. After you have selected a personal care physician, you may schedule medical visits with any member of the team including our Nurse Practitioner Staff.
For more information, please call the clinic assistant at (510) 642-1976.