- Calendar of campus blood drives
- Schedule an appointment for a drive held on campus
- In the News
Blood Drives @ UC Berkeley are sponsored by the American Red Cross (ARC) to provide much needed blood to hospitals throughout the Bay Area. Everyone can be a hero in their own special way by supporting blood drives:
|Get involved by:|
|Donating blood||Blood Drive Schedule. Basic Eligibility Guidelines.|
|Encouraging involvement||Send an email, promote through facebook.|
|Spreading the word||Post the flyer (pdf) with the dates for the current semester.|
|Sponsoring a drive||See Responsibilities for Sponsoring a Blood Drive. Four to five sponsors are needed for each drive.|
To schedule an appointment, please go to www.redcrossblood.org, the American Red Cross website and enter the sponsor code "UCB."
|Spring 2014 Dates||Location||Time|
|Tuesday, January 21||
Anna Head Alumnae Hall
|Noon - 6 pm|
|Thursday, February 13|
|Tuesday, March 18|
|Thursday, April 17|
|Tuesday, May 6|
can donate blood?
You are eligible to donate blood if you are in good health, weigh at least 110 pounds and are 17 years or older. Please see the Basic Eligibility Guidelines for an initial self-screening if you are eligible to donate blood. If you are not eligible or you prefer to not donate blood, please know there are other ways to support campus blood drives through volunteering, encouraging others, spreading the word and/or sponsoring drives.
- Read this heartwarming story, Team effort helps Cal lacrosse player heal, San Francisco Chronicle, May 8, 2010.
- Video: Blood Donations-- Creating an Inclusive Opportunity for All the Save Lives
- NPR Interview: Blood Donations Rules Roil California Campuses, June 11, 2008
- With creative thinking from all, at Berkeley, there will be blood, Berkeleyan, September 11, 2008.