International Travel Clinic
Serving students, faculty, staff and campus affiliates.
Tang Center's International Travel Clinic guides members of the campus community in protecting their health while traveling throughout the world.
The Travel Clinic uses the most current information available from the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and Shoreland’s computerized Travel Health Information Services. Your personalized travel package for a healthful, safe trip includes:
- travel consultation with medical professionals
- advice on preventing illness while traveling
- education on safety concerns related to food, drink, and recreational activities.
Travel visits are by appointment. There is a charge for the consultation, in addition to charges for immunizations.
NEW! Students can now schedule appointments online.
- Required and recommended immunizations based on your itinerary, personal history of immunizations, and planned activities during your trip.
- Official International Certificate of Vaccination
- A detailed, computerized traveler’s report tailored to your itinerary, including information on malaria, other health risks, and other important information.
- Prescriptions to prevent malaria and treat traveler’s diarrhea, as appropriate.
- General travel advice on precautionary measures for food, drink, and climate.
- Tips for traveler’s
- Schedule your travel care visit six to eight weeks before departure when possible. To schedule, go online here (students only), call (510) 643-7177 or stop by the Specialty reception desk, first floor of Tang.
- Complete the travel history form (online format, pdf format) prior to the appointment.
- Bring the completed travel history form and any previous immunization records to your appointment.
- Check in at the Specialty Reception Desk
on the first floor behind the main elevator.